Working At Play Sports Network
Play Sports Network is a subsidiary of the US-owned Discovery Inc Group that has a global footprint in over 170 countries. We have firm investments, helping us to grow our business, and are driven by our values. As our culture is key, we believe in supporting each other at every step and strive to foster a collaborative work-environment for our colleagues. We are headquartered in the beautiful city-centre of Bath, in newly-renovated modern offices with showers, bean-to-cup coffee machines, bike parking, free teas, fresh fruit and a bunch of other amenities.
If you are passionate about an active outdoor lifestyle that includes cycling, triathlon, running or any other sport, you’ll fit right in! Some of our employees cycle to work together, or even have mini running clubs. We are a casual office, so there is no dress code or formal uniform. However, a love for sport or cycling in particular is not a prerequisite to be a part of our community. Our people tell us that they love working here, that their colleagues are friendly & approachable, and that managers at all levels sit alongside their teams. This enables a collaborative, inclusive workplace, which we believe encourages our team to be innovative and creative, regardless of their position, role, background or length of service. Our Board is transparent and open about business goals, with All-Hands Company meetings being held for all staff members to attend.
Whilst our head offices are in Bath, we also have offices across the world, including Germany, Japan and Spain. If you are a passionate cyclist who can speak another language, we’d love to hear from you! In addition to channels tailored for the content of the cycling and tri-sports industry, we also provide specialist sports equipment, casual apparel, kits and accessories over our E-commerce Stores.
If you’re sat at your desk wondering if there’s more to life at work, there really is. Take a look at our Vacancies and drop us your CV, and a note to tell us about yourself and what you could bring to our team.
Don’t see any roles for you at the moment? Add your CV to our Talent Pool.
Diversity At Play Sports Network:
We have a diverse audience, from a range of cultures and backgrounds, but with one common passion: cycling. At Play Sports Network, we want to produce content for everyone, and make our workplace as diverse as we can. We are looking for the best possible talent, who also help us to represent our shared vision. That's why we welcome individuals from all backgrounds - your ability, motivation and passion is what really matters to us.
We're unique, we are all unique
- We value the seeable and unseeable characteristics that make you who you are.
- We have courage in our viewpoints as our inclusive culture motivates us to speak openly which helps us learn, grow and belong.
- We need diversity of thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to make our Global Storytelling Platforms such as GCN, GMBN, and other channels reach their full potential.
- We partake in Diversity & Inclusion training as a mandatory requirement each year.
If you wish to apply for one of our roles but want to apply anonymously, no worries, just put "anon" in the name field of your application. Also, please feel free to remove your personal details from your CV, if you’d prefer. We evaluate every application on equal grounds wherein emphasis is given to your exposure & accomplishments. We are proud of our open, inclusive culture and look forward to hearing about how you have the skills and drive to join us.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Generous 25 Days leave allowance per annum, Bank holidays + Additional closure week over Christmas
- Exclusive discounts to our Employees by nearby restaurants & affiliated cycling brands
- Welcome GCN / GMBN/ GTN clothing gifts
- Up to 50% discount over GCN, GMBN, EMBN and GTN stores
- Free access to the GCN+ App and Race Pass
- Refer a Friend ‘Bounty’ Scheme
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay
- Scottish Widows pension plan
- Company bike rides during office hours
- Free birthday pizza & pre-payday lunches
- Festive parties and events - Summer & Christmas parties