Play Sports Network Privacy Notice
EFFECTIVE DATE: 05 May 2021
- Each of our channel websites including: https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com, https://www.globaltrinetwork.com; https://www.gmbn.com; http://www.embn.com;
- Our club subscription platforms including https://gcnclub.com;
- Our mobile applications, whether free to use or as part of a paid subscription (including the GCN App);
- Our content uploader page available at https://upload.globalcyclingnetwork.com/ (and those of each of our channels available via the same link);
- Our general websites (as well as any recruitment and other interactive elements offered within the same) including https://www.playsportsnetwork.com;
- Our events websites and event booking platforms, including https://gcnevents.co/;
- Our online retail sites, including: https://shop.globalcyclingnetwork.com/; https://shop.gmbn.com/; https://shop.globaltrinetwork.com/; https://shop.embn.com/;
- Surveys and quizzes operated by PSN from time to time; and
- Any of the social media pages for any of our channels (including, without limitation, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter, (regardless of where you visit them from).
- Who we are
- The personal information we collect about you
- How we store and use your personal information
- How we share your personal information and who we share it with
- International transfers
- The choices you have regarding the collection, use and sharing of information
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Data Retention
- Third party links, sites and service providers
- Complaints and questions
1. Who we are
We are Play Sports Network Limited, registered in England and Wales with company number 08265494 whose registered office is at Chiswick Park Building 2, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, England, W4 5YB.
The Services are generally directed to adults and not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not allow children to provide their personal information on the Services, and we will delete such information in a reasonable period of time if we become aware of it. If you have any questions about our practices with respect to children’s privacy or to request that we delete personal information provided by your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The personal information we collect about you
Information from your online interactions
We collect the following information from your interaction with the Services:
- how you access our Services and the devices that you use to access our Services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP address and your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Services;
- information about how you use the Services, including but not limited to sign-in and sign-out (where applicable), site visits, reporting of errors you may encounter in the Services, browsing information and patterns, your video consumption and playback as well as cookies, server logs and other similar technologies, and we may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or other tracking technologies. Please see our ookie policy https://www.playsportsnetwork.com/cookie-policy/ for further information; and
- any e-mail or other communications, including attachments, which you send to us through or in relation to the Services.
Information that you share with us
This includes personal information you submit to us through data entry fields required as part of your use of a Service including, without limitation, when you:
- purchase, access subscribe to or download our products or services (including a paid club subscription, signing up to a mobile application or a retail / event purchase);
- submit content including photos, comments, videos and other materials that you upload, submit or share via the Services ("User Content");
- create an account in order to use one or more of our Services;
- apply for a job with us (including through any third-party recruitment platform we may use from time to time);
- request marketing or newsletters to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize giveaway, promotion, quiz or survey;
- provide us with feedback.
When you submit personal information to us through any of the above Services, we collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- your physical address;
- your phone number
- your gender;
- your User Content: please note that any User Content that you submit to the Services may be made public subject to the terms of the Community Guidelines https://www.playsportsnetwork.com/app-community-guidelines/. Please think about this before submitting the information and consider whether you want to make it public, especially if it includes sensitive information.
- any e-mail or other communications, including attachments, which you send to us;
- where you are purchasing services from us, your payment information including cardholder name billing address; bank account and payment card details and information about the transactions such as the products or services purchased;
- your Facebook, Apple or Google login, where you use a Facebook, Apple or Google login to create or sign into an account with us; and
- profile data including your username and password for registering an account, purchases or orders made by you, your interests and preferences such as your marketing preferences.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive personal information about you from various third parties as set out below:
- technical data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
For further information about how each of these parties collect and use your data, please see the 'Third-Party advertising companies' section below;
- identity and contact data from data brokers, aggregators and publicly available sources;
- contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services; and
- third parties that provide certain services to us within the Services, for example, facilitating and administering customer feedback forms and newsletter subscriptions, payment providers and third parties providing recruitment, booking and other services to us.
Information from your online interactions
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of the Services is automatically collected. This information includes:
- how you access our Services and the devices that you use to access our Services. This includes information about the devices used to access the Services, such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your device ID and other unique identifiers, mobile network information, the type and version of your device’s operating system or browser, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Services; and
- information about how you use the Services, including but not limited to pages viewed, content (including video content) or advertising you view within the Services, sign-in and sign-out, playback error and browsing information.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Please see the below information on Cookies and similar technologies for further information, including your choices in relation to the use of these technologies.
Information from social media networks and other third parties
When you use certain features of the Services, you may give us permission to access information about you from services offered by third parties, including social media networks. For example, you may choose to register on our websites by using a social media account, or you may use a social media function on our Services such as a “share” button. Doing that allows us to obtain information from the social media platform. That information could include your friends or contacts, profile picture, birthdate, gender, people/sites you follow or other profile-related information, as well as any other information you have opted to share publicly. The information we obtain from social media networks depends on your account/privacy settings with those third parties and those third-parties’ privacy policies, so be sure to check those policies and to adjust your settings to meet your preferences.
We may also obtain information about you from other third-party sources, such as our partners and advertisers, interactive applications offered through our services (such as embedded video players), and commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases. We may combine the information we receive from third parties with information we collect through the Services.
We collect general information about your location through the Services, such as the city, state, and/or zip code associated with your IP Address. If you agree, we may collect more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on your mobile device used to access the Services. That location information may be used to present information and advertising that is of relevance to you in your geographic area and to allow you to take advantage of certain features of the services. If you grant permission for us to collect more specific GPS location information, you can disable such access through your mobile device settings.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (which includes details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions etc.).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
4. How we store and use your personal information
We use the information we collect to provide and improve the Services, to communicate with you, to deliver advertising, and to develop and provide additional products, features and offerings, as explained in more detail below.
To provide, maintain, develop, and improve the Services, including to:
- fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- process your payments and ship your products;
- enable your access to the Services and to participate in any special features of the Services;
- to maintain and administer accounts;
- analyze patterns in the use of the Services, study site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, determine what type of content is most popular and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and improve our Services; and
- customize the content and advertisements you receive from us and our trusted partners.
To communicate with you, including to:
- provide customer service support or respond to your inquiries, requests and comments;
- send you electronic newsletters or enter you into sweepstakes or contests;
- offer you additional information, opportunities, marketing, promotions, and functionality for our products and services and those of our subsidiaries and affiliated companies, our business partners, or third-party advertisers;
- provide you legal notices or other notices with respect the Services, including service-related communications;
For our business purposes, including:
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities on our Services, and to protect the safety of users and others on our Services;
- for any and all internal business purposes that are consistent with “business purposes” exceptions in state and federal privacy law.
Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined together in order to facilitate all of the above purposes, including to help us tailor content and advertising that is of greatest relevance to you.
5. How we share your personal information and who we share it with
Sharing of personal information across Services
In order to access or interact with some of the Services we offer, you are required you to register for a Single Sign On (SSO) account. You will be able to access or interact with multiple different Services via this SSO account (for example you may purchase an item from an online store and subscribe for a mobile app. You agree to PSN sharing your personal information submitted to an SSO account across the various Services you may access or interact with through that SSO account. This helps us to build a better profile of your account and make the content you see more relevant to you.
Sharing of personal information with others
Additionally, we disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Third-party companies: When we share information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
- IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our provision of the Services to you such as providers of our platform which collects and stores your personal information (including for example Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform) which;
- Third parties who provide first level customer support on our behalf;
- IT support service providers;
- Payment service providers (if you pay to subscribe to our Services) who will process your subscription payments on our behalf;
- Third parties who facilitate delivery and management of orders or subscriptions (currently including Green Snow Limited (order processing) and Realtime Despatch Software Limited (warehouse management). We are careful to ensure that any personal information processed by these providers is limited insofar as possible and that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure the safety of your information. For further details, please refer to the terms and conditions for our shop sites (as applicable), available at https://shop.globalcyclingnetwork.com/terms-and-conditions, https://shop.gmbn.com/terms-and-conditions, https://shop.embn.com/terms-and-conditions and https://shop.globaltrinetwork.com/terms-and-conditions;
- Third party organizations to process and display customer reviews of products purchased through our websites, which third party may be provided with order details including your name, e-mail address and details of the products you have purchased, to enable them to contact you to ask for a review and for no other reason. You are not under any obligation to provide a review, but we're grateful for your feedback!;
- For purchases of tickets to events and festivals we operate from time to time, we may appoint third party organizations who will process your payment and / or booking information;
- Third parties who may provide you with a prize where you enter a promotional giveaway (where this is stated in the terms and conditions for any particular giveaway); and
- Other third-party service providers, for the purpose of providing or tracking our customers' use of the Services (which may include organizations providing remarketing services such as Google, Criteo, and Facebook), providing recruitment platform services and booking platform services to us.
These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these Services to us.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Sharing your User Content. Any User Content which you voluntarily disclose on the Services will become visible to other users of the Services.
- Sweepstakes, contests & promotions: When you register or enter a promotion, sweepstakes, or contest through our Services, we may share the information you provide for such purposes with authorized third-party service providers (as described above), participating sponsors, and advertising partners. Further, by entering any promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may require you to take certain actions, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing Discovery and/or the sponsor(s) of the promotion to use and publicly release your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion. Please review the relevant promotion, sweepstakes, or contest rules for more information.
6. International transfers
7. The choices you have regarding the collection, use and sharing of information
You have many choices regarding how we use and share your information. These choices are described in more detail below.
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note:
- you may be required to verify your identity to make certain changes;
- we may not be able to fulfil certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Services;
- it is not always possible to completely change, remove, or delete all information about you from our databases for legal and other reasons;
- we generally do not remove public postings you may have made on the Services, such as in forums or blogs; and
- we will allow you to access or update your personal data when you choose to do so.
E-mail communications: In connection with certain features on the Services, we may allow you to set your preferences for receiving e-mail communications from us (such as agreeing to some communications but not others). In other instances, you may “opt out” of receiving future commercial e-mail communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link or following the other instructions included at the bottom of most e-mails we send, provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional e-mails, such as customer service communications and shipping confirmations.
Targeted advertising: To find out more about our advertising and how to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, please see the below section on Cookies and similar technologies. You may also choose to block cookies. Learn more about cookies, how we use them and how to block them by reviewing the below section on Cookies and similar technologies.
Mobile device location information: If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with specific, GPS location-tracking information, either do not agree to allow your device to share this information with us or disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device. Your device manufacturer should provide instructions on how to disable GPS or other location-tracking functions. If you initially consent to the collection of location information, you can subsequently stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device or by uninstalling the application from your mobile device.
8. Cookies and similar technologies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, scripts and SDKs are used by us and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Services, tracking users’ movements around the Services and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Twitter: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514; and
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
We are committed to protecting your personal information using appropriate technical and operational measures such as access controls that restrict and manage the ways in which your personal information is stored and handled.
10. Data Retention
We will collect and use your personal information for undertaking marketing by e-mail.
We will send you certain marketing communications (including electronic marketing communications) if it is in our legitimate interests to do so for marketing and business development purposes. However, we will always obtain your consent to direct marketing communications where we are required to do so by law.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can click unsubscribe in any marketing e-mail from us, change your preferences in your account settings or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
12. Third party links, sites and service providers
14. Complaints and questions