Mobile Application Product Owner
Are you a Mobile App Product Owner or Manager, looking for a new challenge at an established cycling media company, based in Bath? To apply, please click here.
Play Sports Group, part of Discovery Inc, is the world’s largest cycling media business. We are successful, expanding quickly and internationalising with c250 employees, 50+ of whom work in the Digital Team. With the high standards that the Digital Team has, it is a fantastic environment to collaborate, learn and develop, with a focus on new and exciting products, including the GCN App. If you are interested in cycling and have experience of releasing successful apps, from concept to launch, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Your main responsibilities
- Manage the product roadmap for one or more areas of the GCN App, ensuring that the right features are delivered on time.
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics
- Ensure business needs are documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products
- Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilising standardised product development processes
- Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products
- Native iOS and Android app product management experience, from concept to launch
- Excellent technical background
- Experience in Product Development and Technology in a video, media or sports setting
- Experience of using analytical tools to increase traffic to digital properties
- Experience with multilingual mobile applications would be an advantage due to our international reach
- You should be able to come up with ideas for features, optimisations for existing features and be able to bring a product to a large, global audience.
- Able to prioritise features and user stories to ensure roadmap remains on track
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production
- Good written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally savvy audiences
- Basic data analysis skills would be helpful
- The knowledge and confidence to use the best tools and languages for the job and present new solutions to problems where you see a benefit
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile product development practices would be advantageous.
- Video and display advertising, across front-end and back-end
- Working knowledge of version control
- Understanding of automated testing
- Able to work with a multidisciplinary team (C level, developers, designers, content owners, data analysts)
- Willing to champion best practices in product development
- A strong focus on product quality
- Ideally, you’ll have a degree in computer science or similar